The term La Trobe Student Association or “LTSA” or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website who reside in Australia, and are governed by Australian law. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The LTSA is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- The LTSA may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 1, 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
What we do with the information we gather
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as country, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- On this site there may be offers to provide goods or services via a third party, in this instance your details will be provided to the third party, this is done in the agreement that the third party will use this data for delivery of their service only
- As a member of a club or participant of a LTSA organised event you agree that your details are accessible to LTSA staff and organisers of clubs or events and may be used by these people for this purpose
- The LTSA may email you with offers that it considers are of benefit to you or the student body
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. The LTSA club and events structure does allow club and event organisers access to your data. The LTSA requires online acknowledgement of the privacy of this information but offers no guarantee that persons or organisation will meet this obligation. To date, the system has worked perfectly.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest; however, once you have used a link to leave our site, we do not have any control over that website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of information which you provide whilst visiting linked sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.