News details

Kate Griffiths

Last Edit

Advocacy –here to help…with results

I got my results and I don’t understand them
Sometimes the letter grades on your transcript can be a little hard to understand. Click here to access the University’s guide to decoding results.

I got my results and I am disappointed. What can I do?
Doing worse than expected is not the end of the world. Talk to a course advisor and contact the Learning Hub about what help you can get to turn things around. Click here for more information.

I want to review my exam/assessment results.
Make an appointment to speak to an advocate. Review and re-mark of a result is a very specific process. We will help you through it.

Is the V grade still a thing?
The V grade was introduced in 2020 in response to the pandemic. It will appear on your transcript for subjects attempted in 2020 but will NOT be applied in 2021.

Do I have to repeat failed subjects?
Core/hurdle subjects will have to be repeated to progress in your course. Electives can either be repeated or you can choose another elective option.

Do I still have to pay the subject fees if I get a failed grade?
Yes. You are still liable for the full cost of the subject. If you have extenuating circumstances, you can apply speak to an Advocate about applying for Remission of Debt (refund) of the fees.

My results have been withheld. What should I do?
Make an appointment to speak to an advocate. We can go over the circumstances with you and take you through your options to get your result released.

I have received a notice of unsatisfactory progress (UPC). What should I do?
Make an appointment to speak to an advocate. We will talk your through your options, help you prepare if you have a hearing and make sure you get the support you need.

How can I speak to an advocate?
To speak to an advocate about results or any other issues affecting your studies, phone, email or come in to make an appointment. Click here for our details.