The new payment will help Victorian workers who are unable to earn income due to the current lockdown restrictions.
You can claim this payment using your Centrelink online account through myGov. Application opens from Tuesday 8 June 2021.
You must meet all of the following:
• be an Australian resident, permanent resident or eligible working visa holder. So this excludes International Students.
• live or work in a Commonwealth declared hotspot
• be unable to work and earn income as a result of a state lockdown
• be where the lockdown is for more than 7 days
• have liquid assets of $10,000 or less.
If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account, you can set them up now
They will pay you one payment for each period of lockdown. You’ll get either:
• $325 if you’ve lost less than 20 hours of work
• $500 if you’ve lost 20 hours or more of work.
This payment is taxable.
You can’t get this payment for the first 7 days of lockdown.
You can’t get the COVID-19 Disaster Payment if you’re getting any of these:
• income support payments – Youth Allowance and Austudy can not claim.
• Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment
• state small business payment.
You need to have used up other pandemic state based entitlements and all paid leave entitlements except annual leave.
La Trobe University’s response to the current Victorian lockdown,
La Trobe University is making available a one-time $250 Covid-19 Emergency Payments to Victorian-based students in financial distress.
All students may apply for these limited funds: Int’l Students, Centrelink and non-Centrelink recipients.
This payment is available to students who have lost income due to the current lockdown restrictions that commenced in Victoria on May 27 and can demonstrate financial hardship.
Applications are open now and will close at 11:59pm on Monday 7th June. Applications will be assessed from Tuesday 8th June, and funds will be awarded to successful students as soon as possible. All students will receive a decision on their application by Thursday 10th June.
There is a limited amount of support available, and we cannot support all students who apply. Applications close 11.59pm on Monday 7th May.
Robyn Angus, Financial Counsellor